LOWER MAKEFIELD, PA –A series of overnight ramp closures with accompanying detours are scheduled to be implemented next week at I-295 interchanges on the New Jersey side of the Scudder Falls Bridge, the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced today.
The full list of Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project ravel restrictions for the week of June 16 are as follows:
New Jersey side
- CR 579/Bear Tavern Road SB On-Ramp to I-295 NB – Overnight closure with posted detour via nearby I-295/Scotch Road interchange (Exit 73A) 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day), Monday, June 17, through Wednesday, June 19. – (CLICK HERE TO VIEW PINK DETOUR MAP)
- I-295 NB Off-Ramp to County Route 570/Bear Tavern Road– Overnight closure with posted 10 p.m. Thursday, June 20, to 6 a.m. Friday, June 21; and 10 p.m. Friday, June 21, to 7 a.m. Saturday, June 22. Follow posted detour signs for County Route 579 while ramp closure is in effect: continue on I-295 NB across the Scudder Falls Bridge, take the exit ramp for Taylorsville Road/Yardley-New Hope Interchange (Exit 10) in Pennsylvania, cross under I-295 to make a U-turn at the on-ramp for I-295 SB, proceed back across the Scudder Falls Bridge, and follow I-295 SB to the CR-579/Bear Tavern Road interchange (Exit 75).
- I-295 NB Off-Ramp Route 29 NB (Last exit in NJ)– Overnight closure with posted detour 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Wednesday, June 19, through Friday, June 21. Follow detour signs for Route 29 NB across the Scudder Falls Bridge into Pennsylvania, take the exit ramp for the Taylorsville Road/Yardley-New Hope Interchange (Exit 10), pass beneath I-295, take the entry ramp for I-295 SB, re-cross the Scudder Falls Bridge into New Jersey, take the first exit after the bridge, use the roundabout ramp for Route 29 SB, proceed to the first traffic light and follow NJ Route 175 NB to connect with Route 29 NB toward Washington Crossing and Lambertville.
- I-295 NB/WB (old I-95 SB) approaching the Scudder Falls Bridge from New Jersey to Pennsylvania– Intermittent off-peak single-lane travel patterns 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, June 17, through Friday, June 21.
- I-295/Route 29 Interchange (Exit 76) – The following closures and detours are 24/7 until later in June:
- I-295 EB/SB Exit Ramp to Route 29 NB (first exit in NJ after crossing Scudder Falls Bridge from Pennsylvania) – Continue along I-295 SB to Exit 73A (Scotch Road North), use the exit’s loop ramps to make a U-turn onto I-295 NB for return to the Route 29 interchange (Exit 76) and the ramp to Route 29 NB. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW ORANGE DETOUR MAP)
- Route 29 SB & NB entry ramps to I-295 NB/WB and PA-bound travel on the Scudder Falls Bridge –Proceed into the downstream roundabout and use the ramp for I-295 SB, follow to Exit 73A (Scotch Road North), use the exit’s loop ramps to make a U-turn onto I-295 NB and travel across the bridge to I-295 WB in Pennsylvania. – (CLICK HERE TO VIEW BLUE DETOUR MAP)
- I-295 NB exit ramp to Route 29 SB (at last exit in NJ) –Proceed across the Scudder Falls Bridge for a U-turn at the Taylorsville Road interchange (Exit 10) in PA, take I-295 SB across the bridge for connection with Route 29 SB via the first NJ exit ramp and the downstream roundabout. (CLICK HERE TO VIEW GREEN DETOUR MAP)
- Route 29 NB bypass roadway– Intermittent short-duration, flagger-controlled stoppages 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
- Route 175/Upper River Road – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel patterns 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
- Taylorsville Road Access Ramp to I-295 WB (old I-95 SB) –A six-week, around-the-clock closure remains in effect until approximately July 10. Posted detour: Proceed to the on-ramp for I-295 South toward New Jersey, cross the Scudder Falls Bridge and continue on I-295 South to the Scotch Road interchange (Exit 73A), use the loop ramps to cross over I-295 and enter I-295 North back toward the bridge, and cross the Scudder Falls Bridge into Pennsylvania where the highway designation changes to I-295 West toward Philadelphia. See PURPLE MAP
- I-295 WB from the bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley Road interchange (Exit 8)– Off-peak Intermittent single-lane travel – if needed for construction – 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
- Taylorsville Road north of I-295–Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
- Taylorsville Road south of I-295 –Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
- Woodside Road – Intermittent right or left lane closures with passage maintained in each direction and/or flagging-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
- PA Route 32/River Road – Intermittent alternating traffic controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, June 17, to Friday, June 21.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materialsmobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
More information on the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.