EWING, NJ – The ongoing reconstruction of the Route 29 interchange (Old Exit 1, New Exit 76) on the New Jersey side of the Scudder Falls Bridge will continue to require overnight lane closures and detours on either NJ Route 29 north or a portion of Route 175/River Road next week, the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced today.
Lane closures and corresponding traffic detours along those two roadways will be staged so as never to occur simultaneously. The shifting of closure locations is needed to carry out the next phases of entry and exit ramp construction at the Route 29 interchange as part of the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project. A primary construction activity at this stage involves the placement of bearings on newly construction ramp abutments and piers, and the lifting and installation of girders between those support structures.
The full schedule of Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project travel restrictions for the week of April 8 are as follows:
New Jersey side
- Either Route 29 northbound interchange bypass OR Route 175/River Road and corresponding on-ramp to I-295 south/I-95 north — OVERNIGHT closure with posted detour 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (next morning) Monday, Apr. 9, through Thursday, Apr. 12; 10 p.m. Friday, Apr. 13, to 7 a.m. Saturday, Apr. 14; and 10 p.m. Saturday, Apr. 14 to 8 a.m. Sunday, Apr. 15. (Notes: When the Route 29 interchange bypass is closed, motorists are advised to use the northbound service lanes through the interchange as an alternate route. A detour map is available here for accessing I-295 south/I-95 north during any overnight closure of Route 175/River road.)
- Route 175/River Road – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Apr. 9, to Friday, Apr. 13.
- Woodside Road (west of Taylorsville Road to around Clearview Drive) – Eastbound traffic only 24/7 Sunday, Apr. 8, through Saturday, Apr. 14 (continuing to May 1); posted detours for westbound traffic via Mt. Eyre Road to the north or Dolington Road to the south. (Detour map available here)
- I-95 north from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Apr. 9, through Friday, Apr. 13.
- I-95 south from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (exit 49) – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, Apr. 9, through Friday, Apr. 13.
- Taylorsville Road in vicinity of I-95 – Intermittent single-lane patterns 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Apr. 9, to Friday, Apr. 13.
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Apr. 9, to Friday, Apr. 13.
Weekends: Aside from the 24/7 westbound travel prohibition on Woodside Road in Lower Makefield, PA, and overnight closures/detours at NJ Route 29 north and NJ Route 175/River Road, no project-related lane closures are scheduled for the weekends of Apr. 7-8 and Apr. 14-15.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
More information on the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.