LOWER MAKEFIELD, PA – NJ Route 29 southbound traffic approaching the I-295 interchange will continue to be detoured early next week in the vicinity of the Scudder Falls Bridge, the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission announced today.
The full schedule of project-related travel restrictions for the week of August 26 is as follows:
New Jersey side
- Route 29 SB Approaching I-295 Interchange – Continuous closure with detour via nearby NJ Route 175/Upper River Road until 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23. (SEE ORANGE DETOUR MAP HERE)
- I-295 NB Off-Ramp to Route 29 SB – Continuous closure with detour via nearby NJ Route 175//Upper River Road until 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23. (SEE YELLOW DETOUR MAP HERE)
- I-295 east (old I-95 north) from the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 8, old exit 49) to the Scudder Falls Bridge – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 10 a.m. to 6 a.m. (next day) Monday, Aug. 27, through Thursday, Aug. 30.
- I-295 west (old I-95 south) from the Scudder Falls Bridge to the Route 332/Newtown-Yardley interchange (Exit 8, old edit 49) – Intermittent single-lane travel patterns 8 p.m. to 2 p.m. (next day) Monday, Aug. 20, through Wednesday, Aug. 29; and 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30, to 6 a.m., Friday, Aug. 31.
- Taylorsville Road in vicinity of I-295 – Intermittent single-lane patterns with possible flagger-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, to Thursday, Aug. 30.
- Woodside Road (west of Taylorsville Road to around Clearview Drive) – Right or left lane closures with passage maintained in each direction and/or flagging-controlled travel 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, to Thursday, Aug. 30.
- River Road/Route 32 – Intermittent alternating single-lane travel with traffic controlled by flaggers 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Aug. 27, to Thursday, Aug. 30.
Weekends: Aside from continuous Route 29 SB roadway and ramp closures and carryover of overnight lane restrictions from Friday, Aug. 24, into Saturday, Aug. 25, no other travel restrictions are scheduled for the weekends of Aug. 25-26 and Sept. 1-3. Labor Day Holiday Weekend: Under contract, project-related travel restrictions are to be suspended from 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 31, to noon, Tuesday, Sept. 4.
Delaware & Raritan Canal Towpath on NJ side of Scudder Falls Bridge: The towpath will be closed and barricaded to ensure public safety during construction activities in the vicinity of the canal approximately 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily (except Sunday, Aug. 26) through Friday, Aug. 31. Note: weather and work progress permitting, the towpath closure for Saturday, Aug. 25, may be cancelled.
Delaware Canal Towpath on PA side of Scudder Falls Bridge: The towpath for the Delaware Canal in Pennsylvania remains closed around the clock Mondays through Saturdays in the vicinity of the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project construction zone (from Woodside Road to the southern project limits). Public access is Sundays-only through August.
The aforementioned scheduled travel restrictions are subject to change due to weather, emergency, traffic, and equipment/materials mobilization considerations. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to reach their destinations, and to reduce speeds and exercise caution when travelling through project work areas.
More information on the Scudder Falls Bridge Replacement Project is available at www.scudderfallsbridge.com.